Tuesday 1 March 2016

[Solution] After I change the format of the date, how do I keep that format during a mail merge onto labels?

After I change the format of the date, how do I keep that format during a mail merge onto labels?

I have successfully changed the format of the date from (mm/dd/yy) to (Wednesday, September 19, 2012) in Excel!  My goal is to do a mail merge and print out labels with dates on each label.  However, when I finish the mail merge process, I noticed that
dates on the labels in Word are in their original format (mm/dd/yy).  How do I keep the format that I need during the mail merge process?

Anwsers to the Problem After I change the format of the date, how do I keep that format during a mail merge onto labels?

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Open the merge document (the document with the mailmerge fields) in Word.
Right-click the date field in the first label.
Select Toggle Field Codes from the context menu.
You'll see something like MERGEFIELD BirthDate or MERGEFIELD BirthDate \* MERGEFORMAT where BirthDate is the name of the date field.
Make it look like this: MERGEFIELD BirthDate \@ "dddd, MMMM d, yyyy"
Press F9 to hide the field code.
Click Update Labels in the Write & Insert Fields group of the Mailings tab of the ribbon, in order to update the rest of the labels.

Using Windows troubleshooter:

  • Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
  • A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
  • Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
  • Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
  • The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
  • Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.

Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After I change the format of the date, how do I keep that format during a mail merge onto labels?:

 

 

How to Fix After I change the format of the date, how do I keep that format during a mail merge onto labels? with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed


Related: AVG Technologies ScriptHelperApi Class Add-on,After Running Sysem Restore My PC Running Windows 7 Home Premium Fails To Restart And On Manually Restarting Tells Me The Restore Has Failed Error Code Ox80070005,Access Data Base Engine DLL,After Changing Drive Letters W/ Disk Management In Windows 7 I Can No Longer View My Drives In "Computer",Automatically Deletes Mail When Exiting The Program,Not Able To Access Internet Explorer 8 Correctly.,Backup Error,Sign In Prob. With Games For Windows-live In Dirt 2,I'm Having Trouble Storing My Iphone Contacts In Windows Contacts,Dispositivo Microsoft Notebook Reciever V2.0 No Se Reconoce Dispositivo USB Error 43
Read More: web bussiness\/connect to google how to [Solved],[Solved] why when i click on anything on my desktop does it say unable to start correctly(0xc0000142),Troubleshooting:Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Professional, \"Plugged in, not charging, consider replacing battery\" Error,Troubleshoot:Trouble using shutdown.exe through Task Scheduler Error,Agentctl.dll registration on windows 8 64-bit,Full Cross Reference,How do I stop ads from flickering on Internet Explorer?,black changes to 87% when converting to spot color,Extra Zero's on Time in Excel.

No comments:

Post a Comment