Tuesday 1 March 2016

Fast Solution to Error: Restoring Files from CD's

Restoring Files from CD's

Hello, thank you to whomever answers this.
A few days ago I had to reinstall Windows on my computer using a reinstallation disk and now I would like to know how to put the files that I backed up on cd's back onto the computer.
I tried restoring them and
it gave me an error saying The parameter is incorrect(0x80070057) I just want these files to go back to where they were before I had to restore Windows.
How do I do this? Please help!

Anwsers to the Problem Restoring Files from CD's

Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now

Hi,
• How did you back up the files?
• Did you use windows back up or any 3 rd party backup programs?
If you are using Windows back up, then do the following:
1) You may temporarily disable the security software installed on the computer and check if you are able to restore the backed up files.
Note: Make sure to enable the security software’s after completing the troubleshooting and identifying the issue so that the computer is protected.
2) Perform clean boot and then try to restore the files.
    i.
Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
    ii.
On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
    iii.
Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
    iv.
Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click   Disable All.
    v.
Click OK.
    vi.
When you are prompted, click Restart.
After the computer starts, check whether you are able to restore the files.
Note: Please ensure that the computer is set to start as usual by following the step 7 from the article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 .
3) If the above does not help, try manually restoring the backed up files.
To do so follow the step in the article “How to Manually Restore Files Backed Up Using Windows Backup”
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/970914
Diana
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer 

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message.
By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Restoring Files from CD's

  1. Go to Start button.
  2. Open Control Panel.
  3. Go to Windows Error Reporting.
  4. Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
  5. Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
  6. Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
  7. Next, click the Advanced settings link.
  8. Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.

Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Restoring Files from CD's:

 

 

How to Fix Restoring Files from CD's with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your system.  Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.

3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.


Related: my CD DVD burner does not burn Linked Excel Tables not Visible Menus Links not working in IE9 Links in Facebook don t work click and drag is not working in Outlook Web Access Microsoft Excel 2007 Excel Jump List Not Showing Recent Documents Windows 7 My home pc has windows vista my router is a Linksys WRT110 my laptop has windows 7 When I try to connect to the internet my laptop does not connect and it kicks thehome pc off the net WHY Help my laptop says it is not connected to the internet Macro not sorting all columns in worksheet My tiles on start screen will not open it tells me it cannot open with administrator and to open with another account What can I do my computer will not let me download internet explorer My Window 7 Ultimate N will not go into sleep mode on its own my paste does not work at all i cannot access my games i think i have a virus or bugs on my computer Network cable is unplugged msg AND wireless will not stay connected on Vista Live ca email is coming from one of my contacts and not me No Microsoft Word Starter 2010 opening Followed directions and now nothing What can I do Mouse cursor randomly turns into a big plus sign and does not act like a mouse cursor at all,A Complete List Of Commands In Word 2010's Equation Editor?,AMD Event Client Module,Anchoring A Watermark,Attach Any Document Or Photo Into Hotmail,APPCRASH VHStoDVD5Starter.exe
Read More: How to Fix Problem - \"mwlDaemon.exe-unable to locate component. Application failed to start because sysenv.dll not found. Reinstalling may fix the problem\"?,Unable to open an application. [Anwsered],Upgraded to Vista SP2 and can no longer share printers [Solved],Error "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for the install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.",Problem with the Lenovo easy capture Application,Internet Explorer 8 History Filter BUG (Windows 7 Enterprise x32 Trial),Since updating to Windows 8.1, unable to disable my logon password and make computer go into sleep.,I tried to shrink my D drive to increase C, but thereare two MRT.exe files which cannot be moved or deleted. What do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment