Acer Updater and Windows7
I have a Acer Travel Mate 5742 with Windows Home Premium.
After +_7 months a notice appear when I start up that my version of Acer Updater is not compatible with my version of Windows.
I go online to download the update from Acer, but my product is not listed.
Do I have a problem or how do I remove the notice from appearing every time I start up?
Keys to the Problem Acer Updater and Windows7
If your Updater utility does not find updates automatically, even when these updates are available on the Acer website, please update your current version of Acer Updater:
a) Download the latest version of
Save and select where you want to download the file.
c) Double-click the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install the updated version.
If issue persists contact Acer support for better assistance.
Hope it helps.
Windows Restore - Totally Fix All Errors including Acer Updater and Windows7
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "System Restore" (without quotes) in the Search box and hit Enter or,
- Click on System Restore (when you see System Restore pop up in the list of search results).
- Make sure the "Recommended restore" radio button is checked on the restore utility window.
- Click on Next and follow the instructions given.
Note: There is the option on the restore utility to select "Choose a different restore point". Unless you have a specific reason to select a different date and time than what Windows recommends, just select the recommended option stated in the steps above. If you choose to select another one, follow these steps:Click on that desired date and time, and Windows 7 will perform a scan for any affected programs in that restore point.
Once completed, click Next and follow the instructions given.
Once you have selected the restore point, your system will start the restoring process, after which you will have to restart the system.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Acer Updater and Windows7:
How to Fix Acer Updater and Windows7 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: access remote dvr web with IE8 in win7__ [Solved],How to Resolve - Access 2007 - Horizontal Drop Down Should Be Vertical??,Fast Solution to Error: A timeout occurred while receiving windows live mail with the server,How to Resolve - 98% CPU USAGE WHENE PLAYING MUSIC ON MEDIA PLAYER [WHY?]?,Fast Solution to Problem: A Second Opinion: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB and Safe Mode,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up