a disconnected drive is still showing in "backup and "restore"
I disconnected and deleted software for an external hard drive.
I then hooked up anew one thru a usb.
The original hard drive is still showing in "Backup and Restore" as disconnected and missing.
I can't delete it.
The new one is recognized by windows
7 but it should have replaced the one that I disconnected.
How do I install the new one to be recognized by "backup and restore"?
Keys to the Problem a disconnected drive is still showing in "backup and "restore"
Check memory problems
Memory management issues can also cause a BSOD in Windows 7. Thankfully, Windows 7 has a Memory Management Diagnostic tool that detects and solves problems related to system memory.
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool" or "Memory" (without quotes) in the Search box or,
- Click on Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool (in the search results).
- Click on "Restart now and check for problems (Recommended)".
- The system will restart, and you need to follow the instructions given on the screen.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: a disconnected drive is still showing in "backup and "restore":
How to Fix a disconnected drive is still showing in "backup and "restore" with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How Can I Fix - A4 Mailing Label Template?,Solution to Error: Ad-hoc connection between XP and Android,Troubleshooting:Accessing Control Panel crashes Windows Explorer in new Windows 8.1 update Error,Troubleshoot:Add My Templates to Quick Access ribbon Error,A disk read error occured,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up