Add and Remove Programs in Control Panel will not populate, then will not respond. Windows XP Home on Acer Aspire netbook
Title sums it up. No particular event seemed to trigger the problem which is constant and unchanging. The program does not respond to the windows shut down program, either, and closes only when the control panel is closed or the computer is shut down.
All other programs seem normal.
Anwsers to the Problem Add and Remove Programs in Control Panel will not populate, then will not respond. Windows XP Home on Acer Aspire netbook
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Add and Remove Programs in Control Panel will not populate, then will not respond. Windows XP Home on Acer Aspire netbook:
How to Fix Add and Remove Programs in Control Panel will not populate, then will not respond. Windows XP Home on Acer Aspire netbook with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: ActiveX RichTextBox in LabWindows/CVI,How to Fix - A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid.?,Access XP in Windows 7 computer [Anwsered],Add hours to date time Tech Support,How to Fix - acer aspire one slow booting up?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up