MSCONFIG does not detect multiple processors
I want to boot the system with 2 processors but only 1 in msconfig recognize me,
Solutions to the Problem MSCONFIG does not detect multiple processors
Follow these steps and give it a try:
a. Click on start, in the start search box type in msconfig and hit enter.
b. Select the boot tab.
c. Click on Advanced Options.
d. Uncheck "Number of Processors", restart your computer
e. Follow step 1 to step 3.
f. Recheck "Number of Processors" and see if the drop down menu lists 2.
If so, select 2 and click on Ok and apply the settings.
Hope this helps.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: MSCONFIG does not detect multiple processors:
How to Fix MSCONFIG does not detect multiple processors with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Problem With Desktop System Icons (Win7 Ultimate SP1, 32-bit),My Invoices & Estimates Deluxe 10 Set Trouble,Constant BSOD, SFC Found Problems But Unable To Resolve,Excel Worksheet W/ Drop Downs,Urlmon.dll Not There, But Actually Is,I Have Been Accessing An Excel File Located On My Desktop With My Laptop. Suddenly, I Get A Message Saying This File Cannot Be Opened.,Automatic Changing Cell Colours,I Now Have A Windows Internet Explorer Add-ons Disabled Message,Dosent Show Attachment In Hotmail With Internet Explorer 9 Windows 7,Partition Recovery With Windows 7
Read More: Upgraded to Vista SP2 and can no longer share printers [Solved],How to Fix - Help calculating totals with text?,Troubleshoot:lost my windows7 file compression facility what is it called and where can I find it,How to Fix Problem - ImageMate 5 in 1 Reader, can't get driver software?,Troubleshoot:Router\/computer communication problems Error,Getting on Yahoo Games- IE9 just hangs,How to download Ovi suite,Frequent Shut Downs / Blue Screen and AMD Driver Error,msn & outlook won't stay loged in when I check the box. "keep logged in",Computer keeps saying that I have limited access to all wifi networks and won't connect me to any of them, how do I fix this?