DPF Mate - Digital Photo Frame Issue
I have Win 7, I have purchased a digital photo frame that is seen as a CD drive when connected via USB. It has an app called DFPMate, which is meant to allow me to put photos on the device. However, I can't access the drive, don't get any errors, just
hangs. Or when I do access the drive, and click on the app, nothing happens.
Anwsers to the Problem DPF Mate - Digital Photo Frame Issue
You may try connecting the device to a different USB port and check if the issue persists.
Also connect the device to another computer and check if the issue persists so we can figure out if the device has gone bad or the USB port.
If the issue still persists, would recommend you to check for the issue in ‘Safe Mode'.
Below are the steps which talks about how to get into ‘Safe Mode’:
1. Restart your computer if it is powered on.
2. Tap the F8 key after your computer initially powers on.
3. Once you see the Advanced Boot Options menu you can stop tapping.
4. Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
5. Select Safe Mode and press Enter.
6. You should see drivers loading, and then please wait.
7. You should then be at the Welcome Screen.
8. Logon to your computer using an account with Administrator privileges.
If the issue does not persist in Safe mode, you may put the computer in a Clean Boot state to check which third party service is causing the issue.
Below are the steps to put the computer in a Clean Boot State:
Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
When you are prompted, click Restart.
After the computer starts, check if the issue is fixed.
If your issue is resolved after performing Clean Boot, then follow the steps mentioned in the following KB article to narrow down the exact source:
If you can isolate one service that is selected when the problem occurs, that service is the one that causes the problem.
If you determine that a service is causing the problem Normal startup mode following the steps under ‘Reset
the computer to start as usual’ after performing the clean boot troubleshooting.
Hope this helps.
Manasa P – Microsoft Support.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: DPF Mate - Digital Photo Frame Issue:
How to Fix DPF Mate - Digital Photo Frame Issue with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 184.108.40.20628,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.220.127.116.1133,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.18.104.22.16847,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Troubleshoot:Downloaded programs won't open Error,[Solved] Display resolution resets after monitor powers off,Fast Solution to Problem: Dispaly a list of workbook names in an Excel file,DNS isn't working - DNS not working although I know that's not correct. [Anwsered],Tech Support: do I need to save 32 bit updates for my 64 bit OS,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)