Disk defragmenter stops at 67% analyzed & didn't go through defragmentation
original title: Disk Defrag
Disk defragmenter stops at 67% analyzed & didn't go through defragmentation.
Anwsers to the Problem Disk defragmenter stops at 67% analyzed & didn't go through defragmentation
Select Start, Run, type cmd and press ENTER.
Type "chkdsk c: /f /r" without the quotes and hit ENTER. Make sure you include the spaces indicated.
Enter Y when asked whether you wish to run chkdsk on restarting the computer.
Exit and restart the computer.
Marking off bad sectors on a hard drive takes time so be patient.
Marking off does not repair a bad sector.
It places pointers on the drive telling the system not to read or write to those sectors which have been damaged.
If the number of bad sectors continues to increase after you have run the procedure above several times then you should replace the drive.
If an important system file is written to a bad sector you can corrupt registry hives and lose the whole contents
of the drive.
On the other hand if having run chkdsk you see no more new bad sectors then the drive can work for you for years.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Disk defragmenter stops at 67% analyzed & didn't go through defragmentation:
How to Fix Disk defragmenter stops at 67% analyzed & didn't go through defragmentation with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 18.104.22.16828,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.22.214.171.12433,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.126.96.36.19947,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: How Can I Fix - DIsk Cleanup loops on temp internet files?,How to Fix Problem - does ram have to be added in equal pairs??,How to Fix Problem - Does anyone out here know if there a fix yet for 'Resuming Win7 from hibernate does not function properly if taskbar is on autohide'??,Solution to Error: doubleclicking an individual excel 2010 file won't open it, can only open from the dropdown menu when excel itself is open,[Solution] do microsoft lifecam drivers support video capture from 2 or more of the Cinema webcams?,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)