DNS wireless connection problem in Windows 7
New gateway laptop with Windows 7 was connecting to internet for a month, until a few days ago when I started frequently losing the wireless connection.
The only solution was to wait for it to eventually reconnect again.
Other computers are connecting
via wireless with no problem.
I'm getting a message that it's a DNS server issue.
It usually tells me I'm connected to the wireless, but that the connection from the router to the internet is broken.
Wired works fine.
Solutions to the Problem DNS wireless connection problem in Windows 7
You may follow the steps below to check for the Network Adapter in the device manager.
You may check if you have any exclamation mark alongside the devices listed.
If you do have then there is issue with the adapter installed.
I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter drivers and check:
Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Click System and Maintenance, click System, and then click Device Manager.
Note If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-click System, and then click
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
In Network Adapter, expand Network Adapter, right-click the devices listed, and then click
When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click
Restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.
Check after this procedure if you are able to get the network access.
You may also check for driver updates through windows updates.
Refer to the below mentioned link for further assistance on updating the drivers:
Hope this helps.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: DNS wireless connection problem in Windows 7:
How to Fix DNS wireless connection problem in Windows 7 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 22.214.171.12428,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.126.96.36.19933,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.188.8.131.5247,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Do i have to access domain before getting on internet at work? Tech Support,Disk Cleanup utility,Fast Solution to Error: disk management keeps crashing,How to Fix Problem - Does Remote Desktop on Windows 7 machines work over the internet??,Troubleshooter of Error: Disk Defragmenter Icon shows on desktop with an option to buy now,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)