An error has occurred in a script on the page
When I have to do a manual shutdown (CTRL+ALT+DEL having been removed by some bright spark) I get the following message when I try to re-activate my active desktop.
An error has occurred in a script on the page
Error:Object doesn't support this property or method
URL:///C:/Documents and Settings/Rex Doreen.REX/Application Data/Microsoft Internet Explorer/Desktop.htt
How do I fix it?
Thanks to you all
Anwsers to the Problem An error has occurred in a script on the page
I would first ask why are you having to do manual shut downs? And, what do you mean by "(CTRL+ALT+DEL having been removed by some bright spark)"? Why are you having to "re=activate" your desktop? I would be more concerned about that than a script error.
Script error messages can be disabled.
I hate to answer with questions but your post presents some strange issues to me.
Sometimes deciding which battle to fight is the toughest battle of all…..
Please visit my website @ http://repairbotsonline.weebly.com/
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: An error has occurred in a script on the page:
How to Fix An error has occurred in a script on the page with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: Troubleshoot:Appcrash & explorer.exe problem Error,Troubleshoot:Analysis AddIn shown in wrong language (ANALYS32.XLL) Error,[Solved] AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5470,All programs are started as PDF Files [Solved],Fast Solution to Error: Applications run in 'slow-motion' in Windows 7 64-bit sometimes,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open