avg. in pivottable calculation really shows Sum results
i did not realize this was a problem - but it is?? how can i fix this. when I set the field settings for a given field to give me the avg.
and Use it in a Pivot table calcuation - it uses the Sum of the field in the calculation even though I am choosing
the Avg.????? why does this happen??
Keys to the Problem avg. in pivottable calculation really shows Sum results
I cannot replicate the problem. Check if 1) you have the latest service pack installed and 2) if the data contain more than 1 entry for each row field value. If there is only 1 entry for each row field value then the sum = the average.
Tushar Mehta (Technology and Operations Consulting)
www.tushar-mehta.com (Excel and PowerPoint add-ins and tutorials)
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-Present
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: avg. in pivottable calculation really shows Sum results:
How to Fix avg. in pivottable calculation really shows Sum results with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Solution to Error: Assist me in getting a code,How to Fix - backup & recovery window, when clicking on turn on schedule or anything on that page.?,Troubleshooting:ATI restart runtime error MOM Implementation when windows startup Error,Automatically Generate Content from Field Form Tech Support,Troubleshooting:Apps not opening and Windows update failed in Windows 8,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?