After installing windows 7 my computer screen blanks out about every 2 minutes and then pops back.How do I fix it?
I installed windows 7
Solutions to the Problem After installing windows 7 my computer screen blanks out about every 2 minutes and then pops back.How do I fix it?
Hi BillRT ,
Welcome to Microsoft Windows Forums.
I will need some more information to assist you better.
a)Have you checked in safe mode to see if this problem occurs?
I suggest you to run clean boot and check if the problem has occurred.
To perform and to know more about clean boot, please visit the link mentioned below:
You may uninstall the display driver and reinstall it be visiting the manufacturers website.
I also suggest you to perform reduce hardware acceleration.
To reduce hardware acceleration, please follow the following path:
Right click on desktop>Personalize>Display>Change Display Setting>Advance Setting>Troubleshoot>Change Setting.
Reduce hardware setting and press OK.
Hope this information is useful.
Sujan – Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After installing windows 7 my computer screen blanks out about every 2 minutes and then pops back.How do I fix it?:
How to Fix After installing windows 7 my computer screen blanks out about every 2 minutes and then pops back.How do I fix it? with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: How to Fix - After updating to service pack 1 win 7, along with 2 other updates, the windows start screen does not display the twirling microsoft symbol right away.?,Troubleshooter of Error: After removing a virus we cannot get into Hotmail nor into Word processing,[Anwsered] After writing down my product key for Microsoft 2007(CD) i recieve a error stating... Error Message - Setup cannot find Office.en-us\\setup.xml in Office Setup.. Please help!!!,How to Fix Problem - After my PC has been on for a while, no programs will open.__?,How Can I Fix - ALGEBRA EQUATION graph IN EXCEL?,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?