Tuesday 1 March 2016

How do I stop the IE 8 setup/welcome screen from popping up? [Anwsered]

How do I stop the IE 8 setup/welcome screen from popping up?

My PC runs Vista 64 bit and ALREADY has IE 8 on it.
I get these pesky screens at irregular intervals and they don't give me the option of asking them to go away.
Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Keys to the Problem How do I stop the IE 8 setup/welcome screen from popping up?

Download Error Fixer for Free Now

bioya1 wrote: ...I took a chance and called Microsoft IE support.
It was a free call.
The tech fellow fixed it.

I can assure you that the MS tech [1] did the Registry edit in

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-ie8-tour-welcome-screen-runonce-all-users/ to resolve the behavior, even if he did it via Remote Assistance.

The #1 cause of the Welcome Screen to appear is failure to disable all real-time protections afforded by any/all security applications (i.e., anti-virus & anti-spyware [except Defender] apps; third-party firewalls).

See...

About IE7 (and higher) Installation and Anti-Malware Applications
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/10/11/IE7-Installation-and-Anti_2D00_Malware-Applications.aspx 

Visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center
for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy.  If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit
Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates. 

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Open Action Center by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under System and Security, clicking Review your computer's status.

Update and run your antivirus software. Windows doesn't come with antivirus software, but Action Center can often monitor the antivirus software that you or your computer manufacturer have installed.

Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: How do I stop the IE 8 setup/welcome screen from popping up?:

 

 

How to Fix How do I stop the IE 8 setup/welcome screen from popping up? with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed


Related: Problem With Desktop System Icons (Win7 Ultimate SP1, 32-bit),My Invoices & Estimates Deluxe 10 Set Trouble,Constant BSOD, SFC Found Problems But Unable To Resolve,Excel Worksheet W/ Drop Downs,Urlmon.dll Not There, But Actually Is,I Have Been Accessing An Excel File Located On My Desktop With My Laptop. Suddenly, I Get A Message Saying This File Cannot Be Opened.,Automatic Changing Cell Colours,I Now Have A Windows Internet Explorer Add-ons Disabled Message,Dosent Show Attachment In Hotmail With Internet Explorer 9 Windows 7,Partition Recovery With Windows 7
Read More: Tech Support: How can I stop taskbar THUMBNAIL blinking and get the site onto the screen?,Fast Solution to Problem: Ranking Formula in Excel,How to Fix Error - Windows Media Player not in default programs list?,Solution to Problem: Adobe Reader 9.3 error runtime has encountered a problem.,new router = dns error after running network diagnostics again and again, only one page displays then stops. tried resetting IE8, on XP tablet,Getting on Yahoo Games- IE9 just hangs,How to download Ovi suite,Frequent Shut Downs / Blue Screen and AMD Driver Error,msn & outlook won't stay loged in when I check the box. "keep logged in",Computer keeps saying that I have limited access to all wifi networks and won't connect me to any of them, how do I fix this?

No comments:

Post a Comment