Tuesday 1 March 2016

How Can You Fix - chkdsk has stopped?

chkdsk has stopped

I was having serious problems with my computer.
After my 7yo was playing on it, it was shut down.
When I restarted the computer it basically would not do anything after loading windows.
I could not click on any shortcuts, nothing would respond, and it had
the loading symbol when I went down to the start bar.
After minimal research I ran chkdsk.
It has scanned to 12% with several(5) bad clusters.
However, it has been stuck on a particular file for several hours.
I let it run overnight and is now still on the
same file.
Is it possible it is still repairing the file? Am I able to shut it down safely and restart the chkdsk? I'm definatly not computer savy...Any suggestions on how to get out of this or get it to continue?

Solutions to the Problem chkdsk has stopped

Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now

Hi Emily7979,
I would suggest you to restart the computer and run the Chkdsk from windows recovery and check if it works fine.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-Windows-7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Chkdsk disclaimer: While performing Chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when Chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

In this method we will try to Boot in Safe mode with Networking and see if the error still persists.

  • Search "MSCONFIG" and Open.
  • Click on Boot Tab
  • Tick Safe Boot in Boot Option
  • Select Network.
  • Click Apply and OK.
  • Reboot your System.

Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: chkdsk has stopped:

 

 

How to Fix chkdsk has stopped with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related: Problem With Desktop System Icons (Win7 Ultimate SP1, 32-bit),My Invoices & Estimates Deluxe 10 Set Trouble,Constant BSOD, SFC Found Problems But Unable To Resolve,Excel Worksheet W/ Drop Downs,Urlmon.dll Not There, But Actually Is,I Have Been Accessing An Excel File Located On My Desktop With My Laptop. Suddenly, I Get A Message Saying This File Cannot Be Opened.,Automatic Changing Cell Colours,I Now Have A Windows Internet Explorer Add-ons Disabled Message,Dosent Show Attachment In Hotmail With Internet Explorer 9 Windows 7,Partition Recovery With Windows 7
Read More: Tech Support: How can I stop taskbar THUMBNAIL blinking and get the site onto the screen?,Troubleshooting:How can I find out about whether or not an unkown company is supposed to be on my P.C.,Unable to open an application. [Anwsered],[Solved] IE8 and add-ons,Autocorrect won't let me choose the radio buttons after \"replace text as you type\" [Solved],Getting on Yahoo Games- IE9 just hangs,How to download Ovi suite,Frequent Shut Downs / Blue Screen and AMD Driver Error,msn & outlook won't stay loged in when I check the box. "keep logged in",Computer keeps saying that I have limited access to all wifi networks and won't connect me to any of them, how do I fix this?

No comments:

Post a Comment